Antique limestone « teardrop » trough
Antique limestone « teardrop » trough: This is an unusual shape for an antique reclaimed trough, and we’re still guessing what the true function was. It was cut from a single block of limestone no more recently than the 19th century. Not having seen one with this particular form before, is it a one-off unique trough ?
It can be re-used as a garden water feature or planter, or below a tap for example in a green-house, boot room or wine cellar.
- Length : 85 cm (33.5 inches)
- Width at widest : 50 cm (20 inches)
- Width at narrow end : 23 cm (9 inches)
- Inside width at widest 33.5 cm (13 inches)
- Inside width at narrow end 9 cm (3.5 inches)
It is on display in the garden antiques area of our Maine & Loire premises at L’Hotellerie-de-Flée, near Segré.
Other antique troughs are also available