Antique Ile de Ré limestone fireplace
Antique Ile de Ré limestone fireplace: This classically styled antique fireplace features restrained mouldings in a simple design that will suit a modest refined historic room rather than a flamboyant or opulent space. Made in the 19th century in the local French limestone it has had some minor repairs, and is in good condition overall.
The Isle of Ré is an island off the Atlantic coast of France near La Rochelle, Charente-Maritime, on the northern side of the Pertuis d’Antioche strait. It is a hugely popular holiday destination. Ideally this antique French chimneypiece will return to the Ile de Ré for maximum authenticity in a house restoration.
Dimensions approx :
- Overall height : 120 cm (47.5 inches)
- Overall width : 144 cm (56.7 inches)
- Mantel shelf (lintel) front to back : 29 cm (11.5 inches)
- Lintel length : 144 cm (56.7 inches) x thickness 17.5 cm (7 inches)
- Front to back at lintel level : 81.5 cm (32 inches)
- Front to back of side jambs : 63 cm (25 inches)
- Side jamb thickness : 12 cm (4.75 inches)
On display at BCA’s new premises at Pont L’Evêque, near Deauville in Normandy.