Antique limestone dormer window
Antique limestone dormer window : This antique reclaimed stone dormer window is made in French limestone in the Classic style with its triangular lintel. Its neat stone carved details without excessive weathering indicate it is not as ancient as its typical 18th century style implies, so we think it is late 19th or early 20th century.
Stone dormer windows such as this one were originally intended to be built on the structural wall of the building, above the gutter line, with a roof to either side and of course above. However an antique French limestone window such as this can be re-used built into the facade of the building itself to great effect, because windows of the Renaissance period frequently featured a triangular carved stone lintel such as this.
- Widest width : 126 cm (50 inches)
- Narrowest width : 115 cm (45 inches)
- Overall height at apex : 155 cm (61 inches)
- Side height : 127 cm (50 inches)
- Sides front to back : 25 cm (10 inches)
- Max front to back : 34 cm (13.5 inches)
- Width between side jambs : 75 cm (29.5 inches)
- Height below lintel : 97 cm (38 inches)
Weight approx : 700 kg.
On display at BCA’s Normandy premises at Méry Corbon, between Caen and Lisieux.