Antique pool in French limestone
Antique pool in French limestone : This exceptional antique pool in French limestone is centuries-old, with provenance from a Bourgogne vineyard in Vosne-Romanée. It was hand carved in the Louis XIV style featuring tiny creatures sculpted in the stone, clearly visible on our photos. There’s a Salamander (symbol of King François 1st), a frog (OK we get the joke ..) and a snail. It can be installed above ground (as on these photos), or set lower so that only the rounded upper surround is above ground level. Although an old water circulation system is still attached, we have not and will not test it. If it works it’s the buyer’s good luck.
Weight : 3000kg (6,613 US lbs) approx.
Dimensions approx :
- Exterior diametre : 180 cm (71 inches)
- Interior diametre : 140 cm (55 inches)
- Height : 65cm (26 inches)
- Internal depth : 40 cm (16 inches)
- On display at BCA’s premises at L’Hôtellerie-de-Flée, in the Maine & Loire North-West of Angers