Antique well-head in granite, wrought iron and reclaimed bricks
Antique well-head in granite, wrought iron and reclaimed bricks : Presumed 19th century if not older, of French provenance, the circular granite surround and the gantry pieces made by a blacksmith at his forge are particularly well-made. The sloping upper pieces in wrought iron were the support for the little pitched roof that protected the winding gear, rope and bucket from the rain.
- Exterior diametre 167cm (66 inches)
- Interior diametre 103cm (40.5 inches)
- Depth of the granite surround 20cm (8 inches)
- Overall height including ironwork 143cm (56 inches).
- Height of the brick footings 32cm (12.5 inches)
Discover our second ancient well-head in limestone