Antique grand entrance stairs
Antique grand entrance stairs : This triple set of antique reclaimed Bourgogne limestone steps lead up to the entrance to a grand property. The treads each feature a bullnose and have a weathered patina. This ensemble is 19th century or older. The three steps are flanked by triple decorative limestone blocks both sides that supported the side railings (railings not available)
- Overall width : 4 metres (13ft 2 inches)
- Length of treads : 3 runs each of approx 3 metres (9ft 10 inches)
- Front to back overall : 2.60 metres (8ft 6 inches) Front to back of the 3 steps combined : 1.60 metres (5ft 3 inches)
- Steps 1 & 2 : each tread 34 cm (13 inches) x rise 15 cm (6 inches)
- Step 3 (the landing) : Tread 92 cm (3 ft) approx x rise 15 cm (6 inches)
- Side blocks : 2 pairs measuring 50cm x 50cm (20 x 20 inches) + the higher blocks 130 cm x 50 cm (51 x 20 inches) which are slightly splayed to broaden the bottom step approach.
On display at BCA’s extensive new showrooms and display park at Pont L’Evêque, near Deauville in Normandy.