Classic Bourgogne limestone Louis-Philippe fireplace
Classic Bourgogne limestone Louis-Philippe fireplace: This antique Bourgogne limestone chimneypiece was hand-carved in the pure elegant style of the Louis-Philippe era (1830 to 1848).
The side jambs have a gentle curved cantilever leading up to the lintel mouldings. The decorative carving is elegant but restrained. Some of the stonework has been reworked in the past, presumably to rectify minor damage. It will find its place in a historic 19th century room, or in a contemporary space where its simple elegance would fit well with a modern interior and furniture.
Dimensions approx :
- Overall height : 135 cm (53 inches)
- Overall width : 155.5 cm (61 inches)
- Overall front to back 45 cm (18 inches)
- Width between side jambs : 125 cm (49 inches)
- Height below lintel : 121 cm (48 inches)
- Lintel shelf front to back 33 cm (13 inches)
On display in our new showrooms at Pont L’Evêque, South of Deauville in Normandy